Friday, April 20, 2007


As you can see from the video clip below, our little Claire has sprouted wings and begun to crawl! In a little over a week she has already picked up a lot of speed! She is now pulling herself up on the couches and she also enjoys being "walked" about the room. Not too long before she'll be doing it by herself. Which by the way is one of Natania's new favorite phrases. "I need do it by myself mommy." I thought I was somehow going evade this stage with Natania, that we'd just pass over this common toddler struggle for independence. But alas, no, even sweet little Natania is reaching for her autonomy. Please pray for my patience as I let her grow and that I’d have wisdom with when to reign in her self sufficiency! She really is a lot of fun, some of her favorite things to do are... well hold on, she wants to tell you herself!


-"Help" mommy in kitchen. Translation: kneel on the stepstool, eat a snack and play with kitchen utensils while mommy tries cook and relax if a little extra mess is made with the added "help"

-Go for a walk around the neighborhood. Translation: push Claire in the stroller "all by myself" and run to mommy if a car comes saying. "hold mommy's hand, i don't be afraid!"

-Watch "Little people movie" (self explanatory... except that this is when mommy tries to hurry and make dinner without the "extra help!")

-Take a bath. my favorite part is at the end when Daddy sometimes turns on the shower and sprays me with cold water and I squeal with delight and say "again! more!"

-Play hide and go seek. Translation: I run to a hiding spot and then turn around and run back out. I'm starting to learn to actually stay in my spot until I’m found!

-Play at a playground. Translation: this is very exciting for me. I get very happy when mommy tells me we're going to the playground because we don't have any by our house. We have to drive at least 10 minutes. But my favorite one is further away down in the center of town because there, the teeter toddler is not broken and they actually have swings i can sit in by myself. (without falling off). I also love slides!

-Go see the river. Translation: go walk up the river that flows through town and say. "Dirty river, no go in river. that's dangerous." mommy is trying to teach me to say "nice river" because she's embarrassed that i say "dirty river"... but i don't know why...i'm pretty sure i heard mommy and daddy say that!

-Go to McDonalds. Translation: eat "toast" (which is McDonald's grilled cheese here) and french fries... I love french fries!!!

-Sing! Translation: Watch the video clip!

2 comments:

bren said...

Oh this was so precious to read!!! We love showing Elliot the video of Natania singing! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Well said.