Monday, March 29, 2010

On the Menu














All I could think on my drive home today was the chocolate cake. One last piece in the fridge for me beckoning me to finish, although really I think I must split it and share it with my neighbor who claimed on Saturday it was one of the best things she’s ever eaten. I have to agree, it is not your average chocolate cake by any means. In fact I think it’s the first “flourless” chocolate cake I’ve ever made. I don’t know what has taken me so long! This particular recipe from Molly Wizenberg’s A Homemade Life was absolutely wonderful. So light and creamy-great warm from the oven, but even better after chilled overnight in the fridge. We literally had a moment of silence as we all marveled, slowly lingering over each bite! I’m already thinking of when I can make it again. My birthday’s coming up soon, seems like a good excuse. Ah- but who needs excuses to enjoy life and all the wonderful flavors we have. Life is too short for to wait for birthdays for cake! I do believe in moderation but just wait until you try this cake, you’ll see.

No comments: