Monday, March 01, 2010

Inspired to salvage

I have been reading JunkBeautiful and it has really encouraged me to look at things differently.

I have perused a few different books on this topic and this was by far the most inspiring! The projects are not cheesy and out dated, they are fresh and classy.

So last week when our family was sitting in traffic on the 605 and i looked out my window and spotted this cable dumped on the hillside I quickly recalled a friend mentioning they had used one of these for a table. A coffee table is exactly what we have been missing in our simple home and after a bit of an adventure getting off the freeway and finding our way back to the hillside, my handy husband rolled this beauty up the hill and we loaded it in our car. (i'm so grateful to have a station wagon)

The next couple posts will show more projects around the house as we change how we view things; in an attempt to consume less and create more!

No comments: