Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Good morning

ok, so the deal was that if i could get out of bed this morning in time to go out for an early walk then i could buy myself a coffee on the way home! pretty motivating huh? well the offer wasn't enough yesterday morning; i snoozed past my alarm and could not pull myself out of bed. Today however, it was different! Maybe it was the street sweeper at 6:45 am outside my open window beckoning me out of bed, but i like to think it was my resolve and discipline (haha! ) well either way i did it! i got out of bed, put on my red running shorts (i mean "walking" shorts) put on my tennis shoes, and stepped outside. i then promptly stepped back inside and got my jacket. Even though it was hot all night long (hence the open window) this morning the overcast sky made for a brisk chill in the air. I felt a bit silly with my red shorts and pink jacket, i'm sure it probably hurt people's eyes to look at the color clash walking down the street but frankly it was just too early to care! (it was quiet out anyways!)


It really was lovely this morning. I walked through this big park we have by our house, thinking and praying about my day/life. When I thought about moving to England for the summer, this was one of the images that came to my mind, walking out in the countryside. having quiet beauty around me. it was a wonderful way to start my day and i look forward to hopefully making this a routine! oh yeah, and the stop at the coffee shop on the way home was definitely a nice, well earned reward!

No comments: